Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas Recap

Wow, I have really not been motivated to blog. I guess because I feel so behind. So, this post may be mostly pictures. Or who knows, maybe I'll get in a groove and jabber on like usual. We'll see...

We definitely had a great Christmas and holiday break. The best part about it was seeing family.

I am going to start out in the middle of December. Here's a picture of the girls getting in the Christmas spirit watching some Christmas movies. We rented pretty much every movie out there from the library and had a lot of fun. One of the favorites: Mickey's Christmas Carol. I loved that one as a kid.

In the middle of December we had our annual family gathering at my parents' house with a visit from Santa. On the way there we saw this amazing rainbow so we had to take a picture.
Just for fun, here's a picture of our little family's first visit from Santa in 2004 when I was pregnant with Elizabeth (Mom & Dad--I must admit that seeing our old ornaments makes me nostalgic :).
And here's us today:
What a difference 5 years makes, eh?

Here's all the kids with Santa.
Here's the cousins there singing some Primary Christmas songs, if a bit reluctantly
(Natalie sure wasn't! Elizabeth was throwing a tantrum and refused so she is not pictured)

I should put in the letter Elizabeth wrote to Santa this year.
She actually changed her mind later and decided she wanted a cash register, too, so the dolly got bumped.

Natalie wanted a walkie-talkie too along with a yo-yo.

Right after school got out for Joe, we left for Idaho to visit his mom. We left at 4am and it worked out really well. Joe and I were fully awake and the kids slept a lot. We were really lucky with Nate on this trip. He was so easy. I don't think he screamed once in the car and he didn't even cry all that much with Elizabeth right next to him entertaining him and keeping his binky in.

We had a fun-filled busy few days there. It wasn't enough time but we sure loved the time we had. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures although we did get some video of Nathaniel's first time laughing. Hopefully I can post that soon.

We left a couple days before Christmas for Utah to visit Joe's dad. I think it had been 4 years since we had been there for Christmas and it was a lot of fun. Thank you for being such great hosts, Tom and Lorna!

The kids sure enjoyed having a White Christmas. Here's some pictures of them playing in the snow with their cousins. I was actually impressed with how long they stayed out in the cold. Joe was a good sport and helped the kids build a snow cave and a snow table and chairs (pictured below).




All the kids
Snow cave
All bundled up
Finally, the big day came. We all slept in the same room so we could hear Elizabeth wake up on Christmas morning and say to Natalie, "Guess who came last night?" Natalie was still half-asleep and said, "I dunno..." Then she suddenly perked up and said "Santa came!" It was funny to listen to.

Here's our few pictures of Christmas morning. Santa came through although I don't have any good pictures of them with the things they asked for. Here's what I have:

Natalie loving an outfit she got
What cute girls

A toothbrush!!
It lights up and she seriously brushed her teeth 6 times that day just so she could use it.

The girls also received ballet outfits and lessons (as soon as I can find a place) from grandparents this year. They had to change into them of course.

This next picture is precisely why I worry about putting them in dance. Joe's not going to like it either :). Seriously, where does Elizabeth get these poses??

After a pretty bad bout of the flu that went through our family (minus Nate, thankfully), we managed to make it home. It is good to be home although it was so much fun seeing everyone.

And, since this post is suffering from a serious shortage of Nathaniel pictures, here are some:

Taking a quick nap while the girls were getting ready for bed
A happy dream....
Look at that chubby face!
Grabbing on to the toys on his bouncer
So proud of himself

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!

6 comments:

Jaime said...

That picture of the girls in their ballet outfits is hillarious. I love it. I'm glad Nate didn't get sick, Todd didn't either luckily.

Tiffany Kadani said...

How fun! If my toothbrush had lights on it then I would probably brush six times a day, also.

I just emailed you... hopefully it helps!

Stephanie said...

Fun! The kids are looking adorable as usual. I'm glad you got over the flu and the baby didn't get it!

CHELZERS said...

Such a beautiful family!! Looks like you had so much fun! Hope to see you soon!!

Lisa said...

I am glad you guys had a good Christmas. Nate is getting so big and chunky. CUTE! I can't wait to hear more about the girls and their dance class! I bet they are super excited!

Yani said...

You guys had a wonderful chritmas!! pics are so cute!