Friday, November 5, 2010

I am thankful for...

-A working garbage disposal

-A working refrigerator.

-Working central heating.

Can I say I'm thankful for these things if I don't currently possess them? I suppose I should say I value these things right now. When it rains it pours, I guess.

Luckily, we haven't needed the heat--the weather has been perfect. Also luckily, the fridge part is working. The freezer is what is not working very well, along with the ice maker. If you know me, you know that I am suffering from the lack of ice and ice cream.

OK, whining over.

The kids and I started this thanksgiving jar again this year. I love it. The other day we picked the one where we make paper turkeys. We did it a little different and used colorful leaves as the feathers. I think the kids had much more fun collecting our leaves on our walk home from school than actually making the turkeys. It was fun looking at all of the beautifully colored leaves.

Elizabeth's on the right, Natalie's on the left

2 comments:

CHELZERS said...

Super cute. Sorry about the misfortunes however! bummer!

I have some "homework" for Natalie :) I will try and remember it Sunday.

See you soon!

Tiffany Kadani said...

It seems to me that you need to buy the ice cream and then just eat it right there. Speaking of... if you guys want to make a frozen yogurt or ice cream run just give us a call!