Monday, February 6, 2012

La Mer

Last Thursday, at about 8:15am, I decided to escape the drudgery of every day life--for a few hours at least. I knew it was supposed to be a sunny day so we headed here:

Can you blame me?

I left the dishes on the counter, packed up Natalie, Nate and a lunch and took off. I'm so glad I did. It was an absolutely perfect day. And we pretty much had the beach to ourselves.

The kids were in heaven:

Unfortunately, Nate still has an aversion to the ocean. He would get close until a wave would come and then he'd shout, "Hey! Stop waves! I leaving!" and take off for higher ground. Pretty darn funny.

This beach gets some flak for all the debris on it but it sure entertains the kids. They loved using this washed-up, double palm-tree (I think?) trunk as a balance beam and a see-saw.


I love the ocean. I decided while I was there that the ocean is my favorite thing in nature. Although there is beauty everywhere in this amazing world we have, nothing beats the ocean for me. It inspires awe and calms my spirit. Now I just need a house right on the beach in some remote area.

Zanzibar, perhaps?

(circa 2004)

4 comments:

Marin said...

wow, I would be there everyday if I could! I agree with you on the ocean! Wish we could come play with you guys!

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Looks amazing! I was just at the beach last week and this makes me really want to go back!

Lisa said...

I am totally with you on living on the beach!! It is my happy place!! I am jealous you live so close to it!

Jackie said...

I agree with you on the ocean. I miss it terribly, in fact I miss all water. A lot of people I know here find their serenity in the mountains and I think that's great for them, but for me it has always been the immensity of the ocean that calms my heart. It puts me in my place; it shows me that I am so incredibly small comparatively, yet HF loves me still. The sounds of the waves crashing is so peaceful...