Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Sibling Love

Elijah is one loved little baby, especially by his older siblings, and we have hundreds of pictures to prove it....

Elizabeth loves to hold him.  She is such a wonderful big sister.  She loves to carry him around.  I remember one night in particular when she was dancing around with him and it was so sweet to watch.  I did get a little nervous when she was bringing him up the stairs to me one time.  But, she does fine and she loves to help me--whether its holding him, helping to bathe him, grabbing a new outfit for me or whatever.  She has been a big help.  He loves her right back and will often smile up at her when she's around.




Natalie has been a big help, too.  She can often be found lying or sitting next to him and singing him a song.  She also loves to help bathe him and choose clothes for him to wear.  One moment I remember with her is when I laid Elijah in her bed one night while I helped Nate in the bath.  She came in and found him there and was so happy just laying by him.  She wanted him to stay there all night.


Elizabeth took these cute pictures:

Of course it isn't always roses and sunshine:

Nate has done so well with the whole transition to second youngest child.  He is a very good big brother and he's proud of it.  He will often say very proudly, "Big brothers help babies by putting their binkies in their mouths."  And that is his favorite job.  It helps me a lot, too.  The only problem is when he and the girls are little overzealous in trying to force his binky in when he doesn't want it.  They don't like to listen to him cry.

Nate is often found laying by Elijah on the floor like this, speaking to him in a whisper.  He is very gentle with him:


 


Here's some cute ones from just yesterday:

 
I sure love spending my days with those two.
Here's one of all the tots from an early morning before school:

Four kids!  Holy cow.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Am I crazy to say he REALLY looks like Natalie to me??? So precious.