Saturday, October 25, 2014

Getting Settled

We've been busy setting up house and getting adjusted to life here in Idaho.  We're making progress.  I'll save all our house projects for another post.  I just wanted to catch up on some of the little things we've had going on.

Elijah had his first haircut not long after we moved.  It was definitely time, although it still made me a little sad.
Before:
After:
Here's more after pictures I loved:
We had a nice Conference weekend.  Joe was having a guys weekend at his dad's house.  We enjoyed eating muffins and making stuff with melty beads:
We drove down to Utah for little Erin's blessing.  The day before we loved meeting up with Jordan and Luci (no pictures sadly) and playing some Kart.  Just like the good old Wymount days. :)  
Then we drove down to Provo to show our kids our old stomping grounds.  
It was such a beautiful time to be in Utah:


Then came the blessing.  Erin is such a chubby delight.  We're all in love with her!  
Even Eli wanted to hold her:
The girls had a school jog-a-thon at the high school track.  
These boys loved playing on the bleachers while we cheered them on:
The kids also all signed up for a superhero race.  They got capes and masks and ran a mile while villains tried to jump out and scare them.  It was a fun night.  We were impressed with Nate's effort--he ran almost the whole way and finished with Natalie who ran in spurts.
Look at him go:
I don't have any of Elizabeth since I was running with her at the end to encourage her.  She was being stubborn and not wanting to run or wear her mask or cape.  I was glad she was willing to do it, though.  The kids all loved playing at the park before and after the race.  Elizabeth was the first to climb to the top of this big tree there.  Soon all the kids were doing it:
I loved watching Eli hang from this bar.  It was so adorable:
I've loved going for morning runs by the canyon.  I've seen some gorgeous sunrises:
Do you see the moon in this one?
Joe and I working hard trying to get in shape.  It's been fun having more time together to do it.  We've played tennis and even got to go golfing one day while Marsha watched the boys for us.  I don't think I'd been in at least 5+ years.  Here Joe is gathering the balls after we practiced chipping:
I'm working on being positive and learning to love where we are.  I've found that it's pretty easy to love so far.  Ask me again in winter! :)

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Next time you're in Utah, let me know. We can meet up at Temple Square, or something. I think you're great!