Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving this year.  We started it off with a Family Night where we made this thankful tree.  We started telling our kids that they had to be more specific and it really helped to get us all thinking about the little things that we're thankful for
We hosted the big event and had all of the Atkin families together.  It was nice having everyone come to us!  It was a tight squeeze here but we made it work.  We had Thanksgiving dinner with Marsha and had some time with Tom and Lorna over the weekend, too.  

I was a terrible photographer but thankfully others picked up the slack for me.  These are mostly from other people's cameras.
Yes we did resort to some electronic babysitting, sadly:
I did look around a few times during the weekend to notice how many of us were on our phones. We all took turns harassing each other about getting off.  What's family for, after all? :)
We took turns loving on these chubby babies:
We worked like mad getting the food on the table:
Jon was a champ and carved both turkeys.  I'm not sure if his hands ever recovered.
Finally it was time to eat:
I made this fun little guessing game:
I got everyone who was there for Thanksgiving except Shari.  If I would have thought of it sooner we could have probably tracked one down but of course I was doing it the night before.  The game ended up being a lot harder than I thought.  Some people didn't even recognize themselves or their own kids.  Jon won with the most correct--I think he got 24.
We had fun over at Tom and Shari's on Saturday night with Tom and Lorna.  We ate pizza, watched the BYU games and played games:
I love how absorbed Joe and Tom are in the basketball game that we had on mute. :)
It was such a fun weekend!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

So fun!! And I love that it was nice enough for the kids to eat outside! :)