Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Culture Night: Costa Rica

We had another culture night and this time Joe picked Costa Rica.  The meal was fun, and a lot more well-received that many other meals we've had.  We make a lot of Latin-type food around here so it wasn't really anything new.  We did try something new, though--hearts of palm.  I made this heart of palm salad.  I had fun actually going for presentation with that salad.  Joe and I liked them pretty well.  The kids didn't but they tried them.  I think Eli was disappointed it wasn't string cheese.  We also had black beans and rice, Costa Rican potatoes, eggs, and horchata.  The potatoes were delicious and all the kids liked them.  Sadly, the horchata didn't turn out that great.  Maybe we'll try a different recipe another time.
After dinner we did our presentations.  Natalie had food and helped me with dinner, Nate and Elizabeth did a little jeopardy game about animals, Joe talked about language, and I talked about arts and music.  Then, for fun, we watched Robin Hood in Spanish.  It was funny and the kids endured it, even though they complain.  :)

No comments: