Friday, September 18, 2015

Eli-isms

Joe, Elizabeth and I have all independently commented that we really need to record some of the cute things Eli says lately on the blog.  That's one of our favorites things about this blog--the record of the cute stuff my kids used to say.  So, I've been mentally keeping track of some of these for a while now.  I'll probably have to keep adding to this post as I hear things.

Eli can't say his "l"'s so he always replaces them with "y"'s.  It's adorable.  He also has trouble with consonant combinations at the beginning of words that start with "s" like "st" or "sc".  He pretty much always drops out the "s".

So, here are some of his cute sayings:

-"Yimbo yo-down":  translation: limbo low-down.  This comes from an episode of the Backyardigans.  Eli loves doing the limbo and loves putting one of the lightsabers across two chairs to do it.  He also has started saying it whenever he sees anything going across other things.  For example, the other day he was climbing from the top of the toilet onto the bathroom counter the other day and he said, "Yook, Mom.  Yimbo yo-down!"
-"Cool bus": translation: school bus.  He loves pointing these out and talking about people going to "cool".
-"top sign": translation: stop sign.  He always makes sure I stop at stop signs.
-"Dar fo-fo":  translation: Darth Vader.  Sadly, we watched the last Star Wars movie the other day and it was the very first time that Eli said "Darth Vader" instead of "Dar Vo-vo".  It made us so sad--hence this post.  When Darth Vader comes on the screen, Eli always says, "Yook!  It's me!"  He is always Darth Vader when he and Nate play with lightsabers.  He will even say, "Yuke.  I am your father!"  Eli knows all of the "Tar Wars" characters.  He can even tell the difference between Jango Fett and Boba Fett.  "Kenobi-Wan" is how he says "Obi-wan Kenobi".  "Troom-tooper" is how he says "stormtrooper".  And of course, "Yuke" and Yeia". :)
-"I yuv you": translation: I love you.  No explanation needed.  Pure cuteness.
-"I yuv yemen yogurt!": translation: I love lemon yogurt!
-"Help us to be strong yike Superman": Eli often says this in his prayers.  He still loves say he is Superman, not Eli, and that "Superman saves the day!" or "Superman saves people!"
-"Yib-a-bef": translation: Elizabeth.  He usually calls her "Yizzy" but sometimes he will say this instead and it cracks us all up.
-"Brekist": translation: breakfast.
-"I'm cared of the dark.": translation: I'm scared of the dark.


No comments: