Saturday, October 10, 2015

Culture Night: Ireland

We had another culture night a while back.  We wanted to do it while Joelle and Randon were here.  Sadly, I didn't get a single picture.  But, I thought I'd report on it for memory's sake anyway.

I made this bread:
[Irish+wheaten+bread.jpg]
And we ate it with this delicious butter that my sister-in-law Melissa introduced me to at our last reunion:
They have it at our Costco!
We had beef stew for the main course.  Pretty simply meal but I thought it was fairly authentic (minus the Irish beer, I guess).

I can't remember the specifics on the reports but I know we learned about the Irish Potato famine, sports, animals, the Irish language, and watched some videos of Irish dancing and the Cranberries, just for fun.  It was a fun night!

No comments: