Thursday, January 19, 2017

December Adventures

We had a great December, despite dealing with car stuff.  Some women from the ward posted on facebook that they were planning on hiking Mission Peak early one Saturday morning and I decided to join them.  It was awesome and just what I needed.  It was hard but not too hard and I had fun chatting with the other women.  It was freezing, but the view at the top was gorgeous!
I need to do it again soon.
As I wrote about in the last post, this ginko tree brought me a lot of joy:
Same for these kids:
You can't beat December in the bay area.  T-shirts all around.
We had our ward Christmas party early in the month, which meant a visit from Santa.
This guy got right up on his lap this year:
I led a group of kids in singing, "Shepherd's Carol" and playing it on our handbells.  Elizabeth, Natalie and Nate were in it and they did a great job.
We took a trip up to the temple one Sunday evening with Mary, Andrew and Luke to see the temple lights.
They got these family pictures for us:
The girls and I took the BART into the city to meet Joe and go see The Lion King.  We LOVED it!
Nate was supposed to come but threw a fit right before and didn't really seem to care about not going so he stayed behind with Eli and the babysitter.  But, at least a nice man got to enjoy his spot.  We even got to see Chris and Lisa and their kids there.  It was a really fun, if late, night.
We got to see Santa at my parents' house again.
Eli kept changing his mind but I think he asked for trains that go by themselves and a yo-yo.
This guys was feeling stubborn about talking to Santa but he did it anyway:
Some smiles by the end. :)  He had a lot of expensive things on his list, including a Wii U and a motor scooter) and I don't think he thought he'd get any of them.  He was wrong... (more on that later)
I can't remember what Natalie asked for but she had some things still on her list after her birthday, including walkie-talkies and little animal erasers.
Elizabeth asked for a crochet kit.
Cute cousins:
 All the grandkids with Grandma and Grandpa:
Our family:
Eli and I got to go into Nate's classroom to help the kids decorate gingerbread houses.  It was a lot of fun.  His classmates loved Eli and swarmed around him.  The kids were all so well-behaved.  I've been impressed with Nate's teacher.
My boys' houses:
Nate wanted shots of every side of his house:
 Nate also had his Christmas concert. It was really cute and the kids did a great job.
Nate isn't always the most enthusiastic but he always knows all the words and sings them, however quietly. :)
Next up... Christmas Break!

No comments: