Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Culture Night: Vietnam

We had another fun culture night around here.  Natalie picked Vietnam. We had a delicious and fun dinner making our own spring rolls. We got to bust out the induction stove thing Joe bought off an informercial a while back to warm the broth and then we cooked the beef in the broth. The kids loved seeing how the rice paper started hard and turned soft and stretchy. I loved the delicious flavor of the broth. They all ate it pretty well!  Making it yourself always helps with that.
Then we did our presentation. Elizabeth did one on the Vietnam war, Nate and Joe did sports again, Natalie did the language, and Eli and I did art and dance. I learned that when my friend Lan from elementary school told me that "bicycle" in Vietnamese sounds like "shut up", she was telling the truth! :) It was a fun night. Joe and I learned a lot watching the Ken Burns documentary on PBS, too.

No comments: