Friday, September 7, 2018

Atkin Sisters Weekend in Idaho

We were trying hard to fit in an Atkin girls weekend before Toni had her baby. We settled on Memorial Day weekend and I drove out to Jerome on my own. Unfortunately, Toni was just a little too close to delivering and her doctor didn't think she should head up so she had to miss. We sure missed her but it was still fun getting together with the rest of us. 
We did a little shopping, got lunch at Cafe Rio, and enjoyed the hot springs. Then we got dinner at Burnt Lemon Grill:
...and checked into our hotel to hang out for the night. Jaime brought mud masks with her and we had fun playing with those:
We definitely tired Shari out after our busy Saturday so she took it easy on Sunday after church and we just had some family time. Monday morning, we went on a hike with Emma in the morning down the canyon. It was beautiful!
Later that day, we all went to go see Cauldron Lin--some crazy rapids in the Snake River. It was incredible to see the power of those rapids.
I ended up sticking around in Idaho a little longer when I found out that Katie Hickman's father had passed away and his funeral in Caldwell was a couple of days out. So, I met up with Kari and Katie for lunch in Boise the day before. It was so fun to catch up with them and meet Ruby, Katie's adorable little girl. I snuck in some time at the Meridian temple after that and then met Kari again at her brother Danny's house. They were nice enough to let me sleep on their couch that night. Their kids are sure cute and are all about the same ages as ours.
Kari and Claire doing tricks:
The next day was the funeral. I was really glad that I was able to make it and support Katie that way. I sure loved Big Sid--he was a great guy. It was a beautiful service. I always loved hanging out at Katie's house because her family was so fun to be around. 
Kari, me, Katie and Pam:
After the funeral and luncheon, I left straight from there to drive to Truckee where I spent the night with my Mom and Dad before driving home the next morning. Joe was such a champ holding down the fort while I was gone and even bought me some flowers to come home to. He's the best.

No comments: