Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Father's Day

For a Father's Day gift for Joe, I took some pictures of the girls in his clothes. It was actually really fun. They loved dressing up and posing for me and we got some pretty cute ones.

Natalie was "Sunday Daddy"

I had to google how to tie a tie and it still didn't look so great but it worked for our purposes. I wonder if I'll have to learn now that we're having a boy.



Elizabeth was "Golfer Daddy"


I thought this one was funny--kind of Tiger-esque
We tried to make Joe feel special yesterday. We had a nice day of relaxing around the house and just being together.

Joe is such an amazing father. I knew when we were dating that he would be a great dad but I had no idea how great until Elizabeth came along and I got to witness it firsthand. He's been smitten with his girls ever since and they absolutely adore him. Now we get to experience having a son and I'm excited to see him with a little boy. We are so thankful for our Daddy.

I'm so thankful for my own father. He has always made me feel so loved and special. He is constantly encouraging me. I don't know what I would have done without his constant strength in my life. I love to now watch him with my kids. He is such a good grandpa.

Happy Father's Day!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey ashley, i'm an old friend of joe's (tawna) and i HAD to comment on this blog... that is THE CUTEST father's day idea i've ever heard. those pictures are absolutely adorable! nice work. i'm stealing that idea for next year!!!!!
nice to meet you.

Jackie said...

That is a very cute idea and cute girls to go with it!

Michelle said...

That is such a cute idea, I can't even stand it!! I just might have to do that next Father's day. And I have 2 boys and don't have a clue how to tie a tie, daddy does it!

CHELZERS said...

beyond cute. I'm totally stealing that idea too!! adorable! :)

Lisa said...

Totally stealing that idea as well. How cute is that? It helps that your girls are simply adorable as well! Glad you had a good Father's Day!

Dione said...

So cute, I love it!! The girls are pretty as ever, I'm sure Joe will have these pictures on his lawyer desk some day :)

Steph said...

Such a cute idea Ashley!! Your girls are adorable!

We seriously need to get together for bowling... or games.... or at least dinner!

Nursemom said...

That is such a good idea! I'll have to remember that one.The girls look great!

Unknown said...

so cute. so cute. I love the idea, and how well it turned out. and natalie's hair is getting so long. very pretty.

A Roper said...

What a cute idea!!! :) I love it!

Cindy said...

these pics are adorable ashley, what a great idea!