Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Fun

I wanted to catch up and post pictures of some of our recent adventures.

We made another trip up to Greenwood a few weekends ago. It was warm enough to go to the pool this time. Elizabeth was so excited to go on the waterslide that as soon as I got her life jacket on her, she marched right up the stairs and went down. I'd never seen her be so brave. She proceeded to spend the entire time we were there going down it over and over again.

Here she is enjoying the ride:

Natalie liked playing on the little slide in the splash area:

Here's Natalie loving the great outdoors

We also took a day trip to the beach with some friends not long ago and had a great time. It was windy but pretty warm when the sun came out. Elizabeth was in the freezing cold water even when it wasn't sunny and having the time of her life.

Falling down...
...and still loving it!
Natalie was a bit more cautious and loved building sand castles with me.
Here we are (Caution: Looking directly at my white legs puts you at risk for temporary blindness:)
Joe had his first-ever surfing experience. He and his friend Justin rented boards and wet suits and had a great time. Joe said he definitely has a new respect for how much strength it takes to surf.

There they go:
The best action shot I could get:
Our family (and some random guy staring at us :)

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I feel the white leg pain, Ashley! Today was the first day of the summer that I tackled a full-on swimsuit and I used my 17 year old sister's tanning spray! I've seen that your weather has been even hotter than ours!!! It's been crazy. You are looking cute pregnant!

Angela said...

Looks like so much fun! Good for you Joe, taking on surfing and all. Elizabeth reminds me of my kids, they LOVE the water--doesn't matter if it is cold, they're little fish.

Jaime said...

Looks like you guys have had a ball. We sure miss you and hope you are feeling better. You can hardly tell you're prego in those pics. Cute father's day pics too. That's a good idea, you're always so good at celebrating holidays.

CHELZERS said...

Cute pics!! thanks for posting them!
-chels

Unknown said...

I am still enamored with elizabeth's cute swimsuit. and I loved the line "I'd never seen her be so brave."