Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween fun

Our Halloween was pretty laid back this year. I thought it was kind of a dud but Joe thought it was the best one yet. We went to our ward's Trunk-or-Treat party Friday night and decided to just skip out on trick-or-treating Saturday (Joe talked them into staying home and watching a movie and eating candy--he's too good of a salesman :). It worked out well since we only got two trick-or-treaters the whole night! I guess no one goes out around our neighborhood. We didn't even carve pumpkins this year since I never got around to buying them. We did make some sugar cookies since I felt bad about the pumpkins (not that the kids even noticed).

Here they are:
Here's our little princesses (what else?)
I was kind of hoping they'd branch out and want to be something else but then I came to my senses. These required zero effort and money and definitely made them happy. And don't they look pretty? Natalie insisted on wearing the Tinkerbell crown, too :).

They were happy to see some of their friends, Audrey and Liberty, dressed exactly like them at the party.
What cute girls
(I love that my two have mouths full of Laffy Taffys)

Nathaniel ended up just sporting some Halloween gear his Grandma Allen got him. He didn't enjoy the photo shoot but I think he looks pretty darn cute.


I love that little face!

4 comments:

Whit K said...

Ah they all look so cute! I love little kids dressed up at Halloween.

Stephanie said...

Cute, Ash. My kind of Halloween, at least this year. I actually didn't mind missing out on the trick-or-treating myself, and sending my mom and Brigham out with the kids!

Marin said...

OOooo those sugar cookies are way better than a pumpkin!!! How fun!! Yeah we missed out on the pumpkin carving too.

WHAT CUTE girls!! ohh it makes me excited that we are having a girl! Ohh and Nate is just SOOOOOO adorable!! I can't get over how cute your kids are! Thanks for taking care of Carden while I went to the doctors! It was so nice to not have to lift him in and out of the car for one trip!

Tiffany Kadani said...

Hey Ashley! What a fun Halloween. How awesome that your girls were dressed like the Ropers. Hope you and baby are doing well!

Tiffany Braniff