Wednesday, October 20, 2010

October in a Nutshell

I am in a blogging funk again. There's so much to blog about but I haven't felt like doing it. I haven't had much time, either. So, this will be the entire month of October....

We went to an emergency preparedness fair that our church put on. The coolest part about it was watching a black hawk helicopter land and the kids getting a chance to climb inside.Right after that picture, as it was coming down, we were suddenly blasted with wind and grass. It was crazy. I didn't realize it would be like that or I would have prepared the kids better. Luckily the girls thought it was cool. Nate on the other hand was not a fan.
On the helicopter
Last Monday we carved our pumpkins for Family Night. Well, Joe carved the pumpkins. The faces were designed by the girls, though. They loved the finished product....
We also decorated some sugar cookies (notice the black frosting evidence on Natalie's face).

Here they are all lit up:
We also visited the pumpkin patch last week. It had been two years since our last pumpkin patch experience so everything was brand new to them (I love that about kids). They especially loved the big inflatable slide and spent quite a long time on it:
Climbing the hay bales:
Navigating the corn maze
Loving the hayride
They even posed for some pictures:
I really love that one.

Friends who came with us:
A little too much posing:
My cute little pumpkin :)
He will make an excellent drummer someday.

2 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

How incredibly sweet! Those pumpkins are designed like a pro! They were carved pretty good also.

Have you guys been to Apple Hill? I think your kids would love it there. It's so pretty and fun. My best childhood memories have come from Apple Hill.

Jordan and Luci said...

There must have been something about October because I felt the same way and so did Steph it sounds like. Anyways, I love all the updates and I want you to post more activities. I feel like a horrible mom for not doing more fun things with my kids and teaching them more myself. You know? Anyways, I loved all the pics, especially the one of all the kids in the rabbit costume. I cannot believe how much they all look alike!