Saturday, February 19, 2011

I've done something crazy...

I've committed to running in the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay race in June with Joe's family. This will require me to step up my current exercise plan from 2x/week (on a good week!--that's right, I've been failing in my New Year's resolution) to 4x/week. And, I want to actually run (I've been using the elliptical) so that will mean I can't just stick a movie on for the kids mid-morning--I'll have to get up early. We'll see how this goes. I am hoping the race will be sufficient motivation for me. It's been so long since I've either consistently exercised or consistently gotten up early, let alone both together!

Day 1: 5:45am. Success!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

You go girl!!! You can do this. Good luck:)

Tiffany Kadani said...

I was just thinking of this myself! I really need a routine of getting up early, specifically to exercise before I talk myself out of it. Let us know... maybe we all should start running together. I seriously can only go a few blocks and then I start to reconsider what I'm doing.

Whit K said...

That's crazy but you'll do awesome! Does that mean you're coming out in June I take it? Exciting!

Regina said...

Yea I am sooooooooooooo glad you decided to do it. It will be fun. I am a little sad that I can't do it with you guys, but hopefully I will see you.

Becca said...

I'm SO glad you're running it Ashley!! :) :)

Jordan and Luci said...

Awesome! We did that w/ Jord's family a few years ago and it was a blast! You'll love it. I hated the running part of it, but the rest was fun! Good luck!