Friday, June 3, 2011

The Move

I know those few of you who read this blog, and don't already know, are wondering where Joe's new job will be. We will be moving to...the bay area! Near San Jose. I don't post specifics since this is a public blog but feel free to message us somehow if you want more details. We'll be moving after Joe takes the bar, so early August.

We are excited for this next phrase of life. Excited about the job, bay area weather and being closer to the beach. Not so excited about paying twice as much for a smaller place and leaving friends here. We're still trying to find a place to live. Luckily we have some awesome friends who live in the area and are offering their expertise (Thanks again, Steph!).

I took a trip down there last Saturday with the kids. I was quite worried about it and almost backed out but I'm glad I went. It wasn't bad at all. I got to drive around some different areas for as long as the kids would let me and then we went to Half Moon Bay.

We love the beach....
I got this video of Elizabeth playing in the waves. I love her little excited dances waiting for them to come. I still feel like that sometimes...

4 comments:

The Good Life said...

It was so fun to see you today! Congratulations on Joes job and good luck surviving the bar.I am so excited that you are staying in California. We will have to do beach days together. I hope you find the perfect place for your family. I can't wait to hear about it all here.

Joanna said...

That's exciting! I'm from the Bay Area--specifically from Piedmont which is by Oakland. I have a grandma that lives in San Jose. Where exactly will you be moving to?

Marjorie said...

There's been so many times that I've wanted to comment and haven't because I'm too lazy to click a few times to maneuver away from google reader to your blog... But my latests thoughts, Congrats to Joe and starting real life!!! (but honestly we miss the school days but I guess the paycheck becomes important at some point...)

And your girls are so s.m.a.r.t, and cute! Can't believe Natalie will be starting kindergarten. Jared and her will be in the same grade:) I wonder what we'll do with Miles? Time will tell.

sally said...

there are so many many fun places to take kids in the san jose area...ask molly about them.

Happy Hollows
Gilroy Gardens

...have fun and congrats Ashley.