Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Big Giant Blog Catch-Up: Our House

Here is a little tour of our house and some of the projects that have been occupying me the last couple of months...

 When you walk in the front door, you enter the living room/dining area.  This area is pretty sparse and probably will be that way for awhile.  We have the piano, our dining table and our new Ikea map that we love.  That's it.  That living room was supposed to be a gray color but ended up light blue.  I actually don't mind it, though, especially with the map now since I think it goes well with the colors of those rooms.


Next you enter the kitchen...
 
 Those stools were a labor of love.  I found them for cheap on craig's list and sanded and painted them.  Unfortunately, they are already chipping in spots.  I guess I'm not quite the DIY-er that I thought I was.

Here's the family room...
 You might notice the stocking with no name on it.  Still no name for this boy.  Any ideas for what to put in those indented spots on the wall?  I have three of them to fill.   Two that you can see and another in the hallway behind.  At least for now the Christmas tree covers them sort of....

Speaking of our tree, here is a picture I found that Elizabeth took of it all lit up...
I made some throw pillows for our couches finally.  I think I had bought that fabric about a year and half ago.

I am trying to be very deliberate about what we put up on our walls, especially after painting everything.  It pains me to make holes.  I got on a spray painting kick and painted a bunch of our frames white... 

 


I also got some chalkboard paint and made this out of a magnet board I had.  It's our new quote board at the bottom of our stairs. 


A quick shot of our 4th bedroom--the guest bedroom...

The guest bathroom....
The sunroom....

This is the loft/playroom at the top of the stairs...

Here's the boys' room (once the little boy is big enough)....

And here's the girls' room....


 I made those clouds to hang in the corner but one just won't stay up.  Elizabeth made that sun in school.  I haven't done much to either of the kids' rooms.  

I'm skipping the master bedroom for now.  It's messy and a little bit full with the recliner and the portacrib set up in there.  I think we're ready for this baby to come.

No comments: