Thursday, November 7, 2013

Halloween

We survived the month of October and Halloween is in the books.  I have to be honest, I'm never too sad to see it go.  We had some fun times, though.

We carved our pumpkins for FHE:
Mine and Lizzy's
Joe's, Natalie's & Nate's (done entirely by me)
Elizabeth carved hers all by herself this year!

We went to the trunk-or-treat at the church.  We had some costume problems and were really running late but here we all are in our Harry Potter-themed glory:
Joe and I are supposed to be Lily and James Potter.
We were going for this look:

Not so great, but the best we could do with about 10 minutes and the things from our closets.
Joe was all costumed out after his firm's big Halloween to-do.  They go all out.  He might kill me for including this next one but hey--it serves him right for not reading our blog much. :)

He's the 4th oompa loompa from the right. He even had to write a song and choreograph this whole number for a skit they did.  It was pretty awesome but I don't think he'd appreciate me posting that link. :)

Anyway, back to the trunk-or-treat...
I thought this was funny one, too:

The girls were really getting into character, I guess. :)  They insisted on being death eaters since they wanted to be scary.  I think they scared a bunch of people with their masks.
I made some kid at the trunk-or-treat pose with Nate for this picture:
I just think that's a pretty darn cute Harry Potter.

This, for sure, is the cutest Dobby (not Yoda!) there ever was:
Come on! :)

A couple more snapshots just for fun while the older kids ran around playing games:



On Halloween day, the kids had their early-release day at school so we had some time to fill before trick-or-treating.  We hadn't done the pumpkin patch thing so I decided we'd do that. It ended up being perfect! No one was there and I loved the place we went to.  It was more like a historic functioning farm with a small patch.



 We got to go on a little horse-drawn train:
 Lizzy reading anything she can get her hands on, even the brochure:
 We saw a ton of Monarch butterflies, got to look for eggs in the chicken coop and feed some animals.
The kids bonded with this sheep:
It was a lot of fun.

We were pretty tired, though, so we didn't go out trick-or-treating for too long.  
This guy had two costumes this year since we had to make sure to put him in the traditional bunny costume:
And here's yet another bunny costume comparison...
Nate
Natalie
Elizabeth
They've got their own looks but they're siblings for sure.

I just love all those bunnies!

No comments: