Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Yesterday

Yesterday was a good day.  I wanted to record a few things.

I was sitting outside while the boys were playing on the deck when Nate came up and gave me a few kisses on the cheek.  Then, Elijah came toddling up and put his arms up so I would lift him onto my lap, which I did.  Suddenly, he put his open mouth on my cheek to give me kisses, too.  The whole thing just melted my heart.

We managed to persuade our kids to watch the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice with us, but not without a lot of complaining, mind you.  Of course, as often happens, they decided they actually love it.  Well, the girls decided that.  Nate is a good sport, though, and will sit through a lot of stuff he doesn't really like.  (Joe is a rare treasure of a husband that actually enjoys it, too.  I think it's all thanks to Marsha, who had her boys watch the Anne of Green Gables series at a formative age.)  I have loved watching the girls enjoy it as much as I do.  We have to explain some things, but they are getting it for the most part.

Anyway, we watched two more installments last night (including the 4th! :).  Elizabeth for some reason, can't seem to remember the names of the characters and keeps getting them wrong, especially Mr. Wickham.  It has been cracking us up.  When we turned it off before bed, the girls and I had this conversation:

N:  Kitty and Lydia sure do embarrass their family.
M: Yeah they do.  And now Lydia is going to see all those soldiers!  
E:  Yeah. And Wigmeer.

We all had a good laugh over that one.  I just love that I can already share this with them.

No comments: