Saturday, September 13, 2014

Picture Catch-Up

We had a fun weekend a while back with Tom and Christine when they drove into town.  Shari and the other kids were in AZ.

We had a really great beach day--great weather, lots of animal sightings (a whale!), and fun on the boogie boards.
Here they are:
 Tom was a boogie boarding fool and stayed out for forever.
I got to try it out, too.  I don't think I'd done it since I was a kid and I'd forgotten how fun it is.

Natalie the mermaid:
 Nate loves getting buried:
Christine started digging a hole and we all pitched in to help.  
It ended up being about 6 ft deep!
 
 Here's a few more pictures from our weekend in Idaho for the funeral:
They had some awesome weather, including a crazy hail storm that the kids all loved and a double rainbow:
 
 The kids also loved Tom and Shari's pets--Lucky the dog and Fiona the cat.
Eli was terrified of Lucky most of the time but loved Fiona.
She was very patient with him, luckily:
 
 Cute cousins:
 
 We had a fun Saturday at Grandma and Grandpa's house for Grandpa's birthday.
These boys love the putting green:
 
 
 Happy Birthday to Grandpa!
I love that one--I think Grandpa was singing "Happy Birthday to me!"
 
 A quick picture I got of Elizabeth reading Anne of the Island:
I finally convinced her to read them and she loves them!  It makes my heart happy.
She was excited to find the book we were missing at Grandma's.
The boys and I had a fun day at the Children's Discovery Museum with friends:
 
 
 
 
Riding the train with preschool friends:
 
I need to take them to more places like that while they girls are in school.  I haven't done it much, and the girls complain about missing it, but they got those opportunities when they were little.
Next up: Nate's 5th birthday and some big news!

No comments: