Saturday, November 19, 2016

Atkin Reunion 2016

We had an Atkin reunion over Labor Day weekend this year.  It was a lot of driving for a short trip but it's always worth it to see family.

We had a rough trip out.  Elizabeth got a migraine in the car and was really stuggling.  Luckily it just so happened to be right as we were passing Greenwood so we stopped there at my mom and dad's cabin for a bit.  That helped a lot.  Joe and my dad were able to give her a blessing and we were all able to get some good sleep.  Then, we woke up around 3am and were back on the road.

We stopped in Twin Falls so Joe could work remotely.  My girls were dying to visit their old friends so we had to make time for that.  We surprised them at their door (I'd worked it out with their mom) and then took them to Dairy Queen.  The pure joy in these pictures says it all.  Elizabeth and Natalie still say that was one of their absolute favorite memories ever.
I did some grocery shopping for the trip and then we drove out to Preston, ID, for our reunion.  We rented a cabin through airbnb and it worked out pretty well.  We spent a day at Bear Lake, watched BYU win their first football game, and played some really fun minute-to-win-it type games that Shari and Marsha prepared.  Sadly, I didn't take any pictures the whole weekend.  But, I do have this hilarious video of the guys trying to oreos in their mouths.  Of course my talented husband won with this awesome jump and catch:
Also, Eli took this with my phone:
Cute Lily:
It was another great reunion with great food, good talks, and some of the best people.

No comments: