Thursday, October 18, 2018

Back to School

Before we knew it, it was time to head back to school again. This time with an 8th grader, a 7th grader, a 3rd grader, and a kindergartner! Eli was so excited to start school. He would tell everyone he was starting "on August 29th". Natalie was super excited for junior high, too. 
The day finally came. Eli has morning kindergarten so he got ready to go with the other kids:
(More realistic pic :)
 I walked him into his class:
He found his spot and sat down:
No tears or anything. I was doing fine until I happened to hear the song "Hourglass" by Mindy Gledhill on the way home. I did shed some tears. It hasn't been too different from preschool except he is gone every day now but it's only for a few hours.
Taking selfies one night:
Joe started ready Where the Red Fern Grows to the kids and they all love it. I love snuggling up in bed together:
 (Until I get claustrophobic... :)
It's been a tricky adjustment getting used to a lot heavier homework load for everyone but they are all doing well and liking school. 

No comments: