Friday, February 15, 2008

A Snowy Valentine's Day

We had a very Happy Valentine's Day around here. We made some pink, heart-shaped cupcakes. My friend Angel taught me how: you just put a marble in between the paper lining and the pan and make sure not to put too much batter in. This was the mistake I made, which is why there are no pictures of our cupcakes. Still, it was a fun idea which I hope to perfect sometime.
Joe surprised me by coming home early with roses, a poem and a pint of Ben & Jerry's, declaring that we were getting take-out for dinner. Does he know me or what? We ended up playing outside in the snow for awhile in the afternoon. Well, the girls and I played while Joe toiled on the beginnings of a snow fort. He was out there moving snow around for over an hour, on top of the shoveling he already did that morning on our driveway and sidewalks. I couldn't understand it. I guess that's why I have never built a snow fort--lack of dedication. Anyway, if he ends up finishing it I'll have him post pictures.

Here is Natalie enjoying her favorite pastime in the snow. She couldn't pick up the snow, so she kept bending over to eat it, occasionally falling on her face. We finally had to put a chunk in her lap, as shown below.

We got the girls dinner and then Joe and Elizabeth picked up Cafe Rio for the two of us. We ate while watching a movie and drinking Martinelli's after the kids went to bed. It was a very enjoyable evening.

A day full of love:
After dinner, I heard the girls laughing and discovered them doing this. I thought they were giving each other kisses but they were just touching heads and laughing. It was very cute to watch.


2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Cute! Sounds like a fun night. That's the beauty of having your kids go to bed early. That was so fun at your house last night. That was the crazzzziest game of catch phrase ever!

Marc, Michelle, Jackson, and Bennett said...

I love the picture of Natalie with all the snow piled in front of her. She is so cute. Cafe Rio could make any day for me.....good choice on the take out!