Monday, February 4, 2008

Party Time!

Elizabeth was finally able to have her birthday celebration Saturday night. We put balloons all over the hallway during her nap and she was so excited to see them when she woke up. We had what ended up being a pretty low-key party since a lot of people couldn't make it. Aunt Jaime came with cousins Joelle and Randon and friends Jordan, Luci and Libbi came on late notice to add a few more people. I made her a Pablo (from The Backyardigans) cake that I found on Nick Jr.'s website that was actually pretty easy to make and she loved it. We had pizza, ate cake and ice cream, opened presents and let the kids run around while the adults played a card game (we have to have our fun, too, right?). We got some cute video but it won't upload right now so I'll just post the pictures.

The infamous cake. The beak was made of slightly melted yellow Starbursts! I wish I was creative enough to come up with an idea like that on my own.
Daddy lighting three candles.
After blowing out the candles and Daddy relighting them, we finally got the concept across that you have to wait until we're done singing. Here she is loving the attention.
Pretending to blow up a balloon.

The only thing she asked for: play dough!

Yesterday for our Family Home Evening treat we ate leftover cake and you can see the effect of the blue frosting.

I think overall the birthday was a success!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I am quite impressed with your cake making abilities! It looks great, and from Elizabeth's face it looks like it was yummy too! Wish we could have been there!

MidCityGal said...

She looks so grown up! What a sweet girl. And I wanted to comment on your previous post about the miracle of Elizabeth's birth. I remember when you blessed her in church, it was our first Sunday in the ward. You really had quite an ordeal-- I'm so glad she's doing well. I also appreciate your positive attitude and happy approach to motherhood-- it's a wonderful example to me. I really admire you.

Jessica said...

the cake says it all: Awesome! Wish Elizabeth a happy birthday from us. Lokks like you guys had a lovely time.

Stephanie said...

Cute cake!!! Looks like a fun fun birthday.

Michelle said...

Looks fun! Love the cake! Isn't it amazing what we moms go through to make a great b-day for our kids!