Friday, July 25, 2008

More Summer Fun

Here are some random pictures that I haven't had a chance to post from the last few weeks.

We bought an inflatable pool for our backyard and the girls had a blast playing in it. You can see the sad state of our backyard, too. We should be getting new sod put in pretty soon. I love Natalie's hair in this picture. I put sunblock on her head since her hair is pretty translucent and it made her hair stick straight up.


Joe has been reading to Elizabeth from Charlotte's Web for quite awhile now at bedtime when he gets a chance and they finally finished this past week. I was amazed when he started that Elizabeth could stay interested but she does pretty well. They have now started The BFG, which I have never read so I'm often cuddled up with them listening in.

I love this picture since it captures a brief millisecond of Natalie sitting with them, too.

Joe says that this picture captures our family's genetic inability to pose for pictures. I was trying to get Natalie to pose with her head resting on her hand and this is the result. :)
Here's a long awaited picture of Natalie in pigtails. They're tiny but they're there.

We made brownies the other night and this time they both got something to lick with very messy results.

This is them watching a movie from the tent set up in our living room. I love how much they look alike in this picture. You can also see Natalie's awesome tan line.
Speaking of tans, this picture, I think, speaks volumes:I thought Natalie was my fair child with skin like mine but after all our time in the sun I've realized that she's got a bit of Joe's skin, too. So, obviously, I am the pinky-white arm on the left, Elizabeth is in the middle and Natalie is on the right. Surprising, huh?

Speaking of surprises, (aren't these some amazing segues?) Natalie has all of the sudden decided she would like to go pee-pee in the potty. She has gone three times over the last few days and I've decided to give potty training at least a valiant effort. She seems much too young to me but I thought it would be good to strike while the iron is hot.

Joe actually left this morning for Utah for a business trip so I am on my own for awhile. I think I may try training her now so I can have something to focus on while he's gone. Maybe this is insanity. I don't know. Wish me luck! If I'm blogging a lot more lately, you'll know how I'm spending my evenings alone. Can you tell I'm begging for pity? :) Just kidding. We'll be fine, Joe. We love you!

1 comment:

Jaime said...

What business trip is he on? Good luck. I hate being alone too. That's awesome that nat wants to go potty. how is it going? I'm glad things are well for you guys. we miss you