Saturday, July 19, 2008

It's a Miracle!

We're on vacation right now at a family reunion but I thought I'd post quickly about a tremendous blessing in our family....we sold our house! We had to sign the paperwork while on vacation and it closed a couple of days ago. It feels as though a burden has been lifted from our shoulders. Of course, we still lost on the house but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Unfortunately, the time period that we owned our home was basically the worst time in the history of the United States (you may think this is a gross exaggeration but not according to a news report I watched recently). We are incredibly grateful to have sold our home at all. We were praying hard and know that this is truly a small miracle for our family. Whew... (big sigh of relief)

4 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh, I'm so glad for you. We understand that stress, although we decided to hold off until the market gets better. We both bought when things were bad, but had no idea how bad it would get. I'm so glad that Heavenly Father has answered your prayers. Isn't His timing interesting? Enjoy your new adventures!

Nursemom said...

We're glad that you were able to sell your home. May you continue to find many more blessings in your present and future endeavors.

Jordan and Luci said...

Yay! That is such good news! I'm glad everything worked out. Have fun on vacation! And next time don't move away from us!:)

Marjorie said...

Oh good! Chris and I often say to each other, "I wonder if the Atkins have sold their house?" What a relief!