Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!

We celebrated Joe's birthday yesterday. It was funny because the girls were insanely hyper all day getting ready for it. We had a birthday dinner for him, followed by cake and ice cream and opening presents.

Here's the cake.
Not too pretty but I think he appreciated the effort. I told Joe that I keep wondering when my cakes are going to start looking like the ones my Mom made. I guess it will take a few more years.

Elizabeth and Natalie showcased some of their talents on video for their gift. Here is Elizabeth singing "Castle on a Cloud". I love hearing her sing this song. Of course she was doing much better while we were practicing but she still did pretty well. (Sidenote: It seems like there are Kirkland wipes featured prominently in every video I take. I need to work on this. :)



I couldn't get the video of Natalie doing animal sounds to post but I'll keep trying. She did a great job.

After the kids went to bed, we watched a movie together, interspersed with the amazing opening ceremonies of the Olympics. What could be better?

We love you, Joe! Happy Birthday!!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday Joe!!!
Elizabeth was Amazing and Ashley I think the Cake was fab although I know how you feel I wish I could make cookies like my mum, she keeps saying pratcice makes perfect-urg!

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Joe. And very cute Elizabeth. Joelle loved to watch the video. And the cake does look great Ash.

Jordan and Luci said...

Yes, happy b-day joe. You are so much older and more mature than my husband...hahaha! We miss you guys!

PS Ash, the cake looks great!