Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's a Miracle...

Yesterday I actually made bread that turned out. And 100% whole wheat bread no less. And, it was a pretty easy recipe that didn't take too long to make (maybe that was the key). It was pretty tasty, too. I think I might try it with a little bit more honey next time, though, and maybe brush the tops with butter to add a little more flavor (hey-I'm allowed since it's whole wheat bread, right?). Anyway, if you're like me and you've had problems with bread and would like to try a good user-friendly recipe, here's where I found it.

Also, I am getting big lately. I'll be 30 weeks on Monday but I feel like I'm almost as big as I've ever been. By the time I make it to 34 weeks (when Natalie was born) I know I will be bigger this time around. I just feel huge. Plus it feels like he keeps trying to stretch out as much as possible. I know that I have no right to complain since I've never been 40 weeks- or multiples-huge. I'm just already getting comments from people that think I am due sooner than I am.

Anyway, things are going well, though. At my last appointment, things looked so good that it was "boring," to quote my doctor. We still don't have any strong possibilities on names. I think it will just have to wait until we can see him.

Poor Natalie jumped off a pretty high ledge at the park the other day and hurt her foot. She's been hobbling around ever since. Whenever we try to examine it and have her do things on it, she does fine, but that hasn't stopped her from hobbling. I don't know what her deal is. This same kind of thing happened about 6 months ago when she injured her left wrist. She wouldn't use it and kept whining about it so we took her in. The x-rays were negative, of course, and we ended up with an ace bandage for our troubles. As soon as the bandage was on, she was fine and used it all the time. So, we've been wrapping her foot but she still hobbles and can't seem to stop favoring it. Hopefully, if it is in her head, she will get over this soon.

Welp, that's it for now... :)

6 comments:

Steph said...

You look totally cute preggers!! I'm so sorry about Monday. I really didn't want to get you and the girls sick. Sorry!

Jackie said...

Dallin did the same thing with his wrist and now anytime he hurts anything he needs a bandage. I hope Natalie feels better soon. I'm so happy that you're at 30 weeks and "boring." People say it's typical to pop out sooner with each pregnancy...another good excuse for me to stick with 2. ;)

Jackie said...

I like the names Paul, Scott, and Benjamin.

Joanna said...

So happy that all is going well.

Stephanie said...

When I first read your title I was like, Oh no, Ashley had her baby! I was happy to find out you had just successfully made bread. That's hard for me, too!

Regina said...

Hey Ashley we missed you guys this last weekend, but we are glad the you had so much fun with Grandama Marsha. She said she had a blast. Your girls are so beautiful, and I can't wait to see what the boy version looks like. James said to tell Lizzy hi and that he loves her. He drew me a map the other day about how to get to California and said he was ready to go. Maybe someday. Love you guys lots.