Monday, January 25, 2010

Party Time

Elizabeth had her first official friend party on Saturday. I encouraged her in wanting a Fancy Nancy party, if only so we wouldn't have to have a princess party, although it ended up being essentially the same thing. The girls all dressed up and we had fun doing typical birthday party things. We played some games, read a Fancy Nancy book, ate cupcakes and opened presents. They seemed to enjoy it, so I suppose it was worth all the effort on my part.

Here are some pictures:

We had a dress-up relay race which was actually too hard because of the fact that they were already dressed up:

Here's the table I set for cupcakes and pink lemonade:
I got all of that material from my grandma and it's been stuffed in our dress-up box. Joe has been trying to convince me to throw it away but I wouldn't. It finally came in handy for something! Ha! I found those little plastic goblets at the dollar store.

We had these yummy rainbow cupcakes:
I found the recipe here. Theirs are much prettier. They were so cool! The girls and I had fun making them and the kids all thought they were cool to eat. Now Joe wants them on his birthday :).

Here's the birthday girl blowing out the candle:
I only have a few more days until my oldest turns 5. Weird. More to come....

2 comments:

Marin said...

Those are such cute pictures!!! I makes me excited for when Brooke will be that age and want to dress up like pretty princesses!!! I love how you decorated the chairs!!! Great ideas!

Tiffany Kadani said...

I hope, with my deepest hopes, that Fancy Nancy will still be popular when I have kids just so I can have a Fancy Nancy party also. I love those books! And you definitely did them justice with the awesome party.