Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Love Our Bodies Week

OK, so my friend Tiffany has officially named this week "Love Our Bodies Week" and I think it's a great idea. You can read about it on her blog here. She also posted a list of 5 things she loves about her body. I have decided to continue that and encourage/tag anyone reading this to do the same!

It is sad that making this list was actually harder than I thought it would be. It was a healthy exercise, though. This whole thing is timely for me since I've been struggling with this lately. Having a baby is hard on your body and on your body-image at times. But, it also helps you see the amazing things the human body is capable of. Anyway, here is my list:

5 things I love about my body:

1. My hair: I have a love/hate relationship with my hair but I am grateful for it. It is probably the most unique thing about me, at least.
2. My back. I like my back.
3. My neck. I think I have a nice neck.
4. My arms. They are strong and I'm grateful for them.
5. My smile. I guess thanks for this go to my parents for paying for braces :).

Elizabeth is here by me and she made a list, too. Here it is:

1. eyes
2. ears
3. belly (love this!!)
4. legs
5. face
(And she wants me to add: 6. teeth)

Maybe I'll add Natalie's list if she wants to do this when she wakes up.

Here's Natalie's list:
I helped her draw the last two. She wanted me to draw the shirt she is wearing today :).

3 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

Oh my goodness you are so amazing and beautiful! I love it! I admire you and your family and love how positive you are. The challenge is hard but I've been trying extra because I know others are doing it also. And it is good for me.

Sandra said...

This post made me laugh soo hard! Thanks for sharing their pictures! Adorable!! By the way, I love your hair!!

Unknown said...

Recently I read a semi-similar idea like this in a magazine. It said to make a list of five reasons why you would marry you. And it was harder than I thought it would be too. Some of my five: 1. I am smart. 2. I exercise. 3. I am good at making crepes.