Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Things

OK, so I found that piece of paper with her name written so nicely (see last post). Here it is:

And, just the other day, the girls were coloring pictures for Joe and Natalie wrote this on the back of hers all by herself (with spelling help from Lizzie):
It says "For Dad", with an extra O in there. She hadn't ever written an F or an R before. I was very impressed. (She also decided that her D looked like a door so she drew a doorknob on it :)

Nate officially rolled over all by himself the other day.

He really enjoys rolling over about this far:
Then, he normally decides that it's about far enough and just hangs out like that.

One night he went all the way over:

I thought he was going to be mad....

...nope! Happy as can be!

Here's some more cute/funny things to remember:

-We were battling ants for quite awhile and finally triumphed, thank goodness. During that time, the girls suddenly decided that they wanted an ant for a pet and decided to name one of them New Hampshire (no idea where that came from). I informed them that ants must die when they are inside our house and squished it (this was in the heat of the battle, mind you, so I didn't have time to be sentimental). Don't worry, they weren't broken up about it. But, forever after, whenever they'd find an ant they'd say, "New Hampshire! It's you!" And then I would go squish it. :)

-Because of the princess obsession in our house, we have talked a lot about the fact that some countries have kings, queens and princesses, but in our country we have a president. I have even gone so far as to say that we, as Americans, believe having a president is best since we can just get someone else to be president if he's mean or doesn't do a good job. One day we were talking about something along these lines when Elizabeth mentioned how "King Junior was a good king, though." I had no idea what she was talking about until I finally figured it out--Martin Luther King, Jr. We had an FHE lesson on him on the holiday. I guess they didn't quite understand what we were telling them. :)

-One day, Natalie suddenly announced at dinner: "Well, there's only one thing to say....no." When we asked what she was saying no to she said, "I will never find my hula girl. No never."

Just for the record, she did find it.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those are all so funny! I like the doorknob...and we have ants sometimes, too. Must be a Nor. Cal thing. Your kids are little smarties!

Jackie said...

LOVE it! Elizabeth is very good at printing and that's awesome that Natalie is picking it up early too. New Hampshire is hilarious. We are currently battling ants here as well. I think I need a dog to pick up crumbs from kids before ants do...wait, I don't really want a dog. I think the FHE lesson is funny too. Thanks for sharing!

Yani said...

Nate is so Big and cute. Elizabeth is so smart!