Friday, September 17, 2010

First Haircut and Other Stuff

Joe had been wanting to cut Nate's hair for quite awhile now. I kept telling him that he had to at least wait until he was 1. So that is what he did. The evening of his 1st birthday while I was at cub scouts (one of my church assignments now...lucky me :) I came home to find my little baby with a buzz cut! Oh I was so sad. Of course he didn't intend to cut it that short but one thing led to another and that's what happened. Joe was hiding out in the girls' room when I got home trying to get Natalie to stick up for him. She wouldn't :).

The before and after pictures he took are perfect....

Before:
After:
(I also love how Nate's shirt is pulled down around his belly. That's such a dad thing to do.)

Of course it's just hair and I've (almost) gotten over it. He really did need a cut. I think Joe learned a valuable lesson, too. :)

Before anyone gets too upset at Joe, here are some beautiful flowers he sent me this week:
No they weren't make-up flowers; they were sent before the hair cut. I loved getting them. One thing I love about Joe is that when he gives flowers, he gives them usually on regular days. It's so much more fun that way. Anyway, it brightened up what was a tough week for me.

The kids got balloons from the local grocery store the other day. Later on, they ran in from their room and told me they wanted to give their balloons to Heavenly Father. So that's what they did....

As they were flying away, Natalie yelled, "Bye bye! See you when I die!" :)

Ever since we got back from Utah, Natalie has had a hard time being in a room by herself. I guess she got used to the close quarters. So, lately during quiet time she has been sneaking out and falling asleep in the hallway. She will sometimes try to do it at night, too, but she's usually OK with Lizzie in there.
In the doorway to the bathroom:
I don't mind this arrangement actually because when she sneaks out she pretends to be asleep so I won't make her go back in her room. Then, she is usually out for real within minutes. If she stays in her room reading books, she doesn't always nap. Plus, my kids are such deep sleepers that she doesn't wake up, even though she's in the middle of everything.

If Nate wakes up before her, though, he loves to crawl over and bug her. He thinks it's so funny.

Here's another random sleeping picture that I took a few months ago and forgot to post:
That's Elizabeth, asleep with her head hanging off the chair. Luckily, she never fell off.

I looked into Nate's room the other day and saw this:
Reading buddies.

And for the final quiet time snapshot, here's how I found Elizabeth one day:
I thought that was a cool little reading spot she made for herself.

I took pictures of the kids the other day before church. I was happy to find that the girls' Christmas dresses still fit...

"Mom---he's slipping!"

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I love his face in the after picture!! He's like,"Dad what did you do to me?" He still looks super cute! At least it wasn't Joe doing it to himself....Chris knows all about that, lol!

Dione said...

At least Joe remembered to take before and after shots of the haircut! My mom always says the difference between a good haircut and a bad one is 6 weeks :)

Jordan and Luci said...

Oh my gosh, he sure did buzz his hair. I would have been mad too, but it'll grow back fast. I love how sad Nate looks in the after picture too. Your girls are so cute. I'm glad we got to see you so I can picture them doing and saying the things you blog about. I loved Natalie's comment about the balloon. Cracked me up!

Jaime said...

Oh that is so funny. It seems like he always doesn't mean to go that short;) Don't tell him that, he might get mad. It will grow. Thanks for the card to randon, he loved it.

Unknown said...

I love these pictures. They are perfect.