Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Some Past-Due Bragging

I have neglected to blog about an important accomplishment for me. Last Christmas, Joe got me a sewing machine along with sewing lessons with an amazing friend of mine in Sacramento. My goal was to learn how to operate a sewing machine. We managed to work in our lessons between busy schedules and two little girls very eager to "help". By the end, I had made two skirts and two pairs of leggings for said girls. I also made a petticoat for Elizabeth. I wasn't able to finish Natalie's since I somehow managed to break my sewing machine. It's still awaiting repairs.

The skirts have gotten good use, though. They are perfect for dancing and twirling:

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

There's a place called AAA Vacuum and Sewing by you. I've gotten repairs and tune-ups there, but it will be about $100 probably. Cute skirts!

Unknown said...

I love it, and am proud of you. Sewing is one skill I would like to learn too.