Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Baptism and Blessing Day

The timing worked out pretty well and we were able to have Elizabeth's baptism and Elijah's blessing at the same time so that family traveling from out of town could be at both.  It was a wonderful day, if a bit hectic at times.  We were so proud of Elizabeth and her decision to be baptized.  She wanted to be ready and was constantly asking us questions about it beforehand.  She is constantly impressing me with her understanding of the gospel, particularly the scriptures.  She got a set of scriptures for her birthday with her name on them and she is trying hard to read them often. I was so proud of her when she got up in front of the whole congregation at church a week later and said that she knew the scriptures were true.  She is paying the price to get that knowledge for herself and I know that it will help her throughout the years to come.



I loved watching the baptism.  It was one of those amazing moments in life.  When I was helping her get changed after she told me that she felt wonderful.  I was just overflowing with gratitude for this little girl of mine.

I guess while we were changing, our bishop had the kids come up and sing some songs:
Immediately after the baptism, we switched gears and had Elijah's blessing.  We had stake conference the next day so we couldn't do it during sacrament meeting.  Joe did a beautiful job and again I just felt so happy and grateful for my family.
Here is the group we had at the baptism:
We sure appreciated everyone who came, especially those who drove so far only to turn around and drive right back.  We love you!

Back at our house, we had lunch and a little family birthday party for Elizabeth.  After seeing Natalie's 5th birthday party, Elizabeth had decided that she also wanted to make marshmallow catapults and have a pinata so we tried to recreate some of the magic.

 We kind of made it a science-y party and played with magnets, baking soda and vinegar:
 It was such a beautiful day:
 The pinata:
 
 Emily finally demolished it:
 Here's Eli with his closest cousin, cute Maggie:
 And here are the two E's on their special day:
I sure love those two.

No comments: