Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spring Break

We had a pretty fun Spring break.   Most of it was pretty laid back.  The girls spent a good portion of the week doing this:
Those are Harry Potter books.  Elizabeth finally decided she was brave enough to try them out and she was quickly hooked.  Of course Natalie wasn't far behind.  Elizabeth was seriously a reading fiend and read the whole series in like 2 1/2 weeks.  Natalie has started the fourth one but is taking a break right now, I think.

It was fun being in Harry Potter mode again.  I remember reading the first 6 myself soon after Natalie was born and then excitedly waiting for the last one to come out.  We watched the first two movies together, too. 

We also took a trip to the beach, of course.  I will take any chance I can get to go.  I was debating about going until the morning we left since the weather wasn't supposed to be very good but I'm glad I went.  We had perfect weather.  In fact it was a little too warm.  I wasn't as prepared as I should have been with sunscreen and the girls and I got some sun.

My happy place:
I wasn't prepared with stuff either.  I think we threw out all of our junky sand toys when we moved the last time so we didn't have a single thing.  I was worried the kids would be mad we didn't have any buckets but I guess I don't give them enough credit.  They don't need any cheap plastic toys to have fun! :)  They were completely entertained.

The girls played in the ocean:

Elizabeth was going out farther than ever and making me nervous but she had a blast:

 Looking for shells:

I love this belly button and the way he always has to wear his hat like this:
Nate and I had fun with his wiffle ball and bat.  I was pitching him balls and he was hitting them really well.  I think he is going to be a good little baseball player.

Even Eli had fun on his towel in the shade:

Obnoxious self-portrait:
 Hey--it's the only way I'm in pictures these days!

All tired out:

No comments: