Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Helping Hands

A few weeks ago we had our annual Mormon Helping Hands service project.  This time there were a lot of other groups that came out to help, too.  We all pitched in and cleaned up 3 different parks in the area.  Joe's church assignment made it so he had to help behind the scenes so it was just the kids and I working.  I wasn't sure how it would go but they all did great.  I was very proud of these 3:
  
 I signed up to help sand and paint soccer goals.  I thought the kids would have fun with that and they sure did.  It was a messy job, but someone had to do it. 
 
 Soon after we took the above picture, Elizabeth accidentally walked under Natalie's roller and got paint all over her hair.  Too bad she was wearing a visor and not a hat!
It took quite a bit of work to get it out.  I still see little flecks of white in her hair sometimes.

The kids also helped Joe later with moving some dirt.  They loved that and worked hard at it.
 I was especially impressed with this guy managing his shovel so well:

It was actually quite a fun way to spend a Saturday morning!

No comments: