Saturday, August 24, 2019

School Year Wrap-up

The end of the school year is always a crazy time and this year was no exception. Nate's teacher was pushing them right until the end and gave them a presentation and poster assignment on a historical landmark from Fremont. When Nate saw that our church building was on the list, he decided that would be the easiest thing to do. :) He and I went over there one afternoon to take pictures and finally check out the historical plaques we'd never looked at before and we learned a little bit of history.
 He ended up getting a good grade on it and even talked about his ancestor Abraham Hunsaker who was in the Mormon Battalion.
His teacher was really good about taking pictures this year:
Open House night:
Joe and our friend Darren (Cameron's dad) who we met in baseball:
I ended up taking charge of the FAME program midyear when my friend Laurel Child who was in charge of it moved to Utah. It was hard stepping into her big shoes but I kept it going at least. I taught in the boys' classes and also two other classes.
 I helped chaperone the field trip to Centerville for the International Fair:
Mr. Schneider also asked me one day if I'd be willing to teach a few Monart lessons to Nate's class. He'd gotten a grant to pay for them but needed someone to teach. I had a few lesson outlines to work with and taught 5 classes at the end of the year for a minimal amount of money :). It was good to help out and get to know the kids better.
 
 The girls had their end of year assembly and Eli and I went to support them. They both ended up getting tons of awards! You never know beforehand what awards they'd get so it makes picture taking hard. This was a funny moment, though, because Natalie got an award for history and then Elizabeth got one right after her:
 
Eli and I laughed out loud when Elizabeth got announced for the PE award :). She always complains about how terrible she does in PE but her teacher must have noticed her effort.
Of course Natalie got an award in Woods:
We took a celebratory trip to get frozen yogurt on the last day school:
It was a great school year but we were all pretty psyched for summer to start!

No comments: