Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Beginning of School + September

School started at the end of August. Of course there were a lot of nerves at new schools but the kids all handled it really well. 
Obligatory first day pictures:
Nate was about as thrilled as he looked. :)
Eve had lots of fun at home while the weather was still nice. 
Drinking from puddles:
Dancing on the ottoman:
Unfortunately we let George's fur get all matted so he got a pretty short cut at the groomer's:
We all thought he looked hilarious.
Sadly, soon after school started Covid struck our house. It started with Nate saying on the way to school one day that he'd eaten a frozen chimichanga the day before that tasted weird. He had some other symptoms so I drove him home instead. We're pretty sure he got it at football practice. He, Eli, Eve, Joe and I all got it within a couple weeks. The kids mostly just had bad colds/coughs. 
Still smiling while watching shows:
There were some sad moments:
Joe and I were a different story. We both got really sick. It was like the worst flu I'd ever had. I didn't really even cough at all but I got terrible headaches and body aches. Being sick at the same time is never fun, especially with a toddler, but we slowly started to feel better. I took these one day I was feeling well enough to sit outside with Eve for a bit:
Because of Covid, Eli and Maddy weren't at school for the homecoming parade so I drove them to watch a little bit away from everyone:
We had fun cheering on Lizzie and Natalie on the swim team float:
The girls got to tag along to Lava Hot Springs with Chris and Regina and their kids to watch James' cross country meet:
They also got invited to a dance held at someone's house and got to dress up for it. Look at these gorgeous girls:
Here are some more of Eve's adventures. 
I'll finish off this post with a beautiful sunrise shot of our yard. I love this view:

No comments: