Tuesday, September 20, 2022

The Rest of Summer in Idaho

 The girls got invited to a hang out with James and some of his friends before school started and seemed to have a fun time. 


We took a fun weekend trip to Bear Lake and celebrated Joelle's birthday there. All the brothers except Tom and his family were able to come and it was really fun. We stayed in different rooms at a resort on the lake. We had fun in the water and on the beach, playing on the grass, and playing games in our rooms.
We had some cake for the August birthdays:
On the way there, we stopped in Logan for lunch and showed our kids some of our favorite spots there. We drove by my Grandma's (& Grandpa's) old house and it made my heart so happy to see it again. It looks just the same! The pink pillars! :)
I found this picture on Family Search recently and it made me happy:
I'm not when that was taken but probably not long before my Grandpa died.
Back to some other happenings...
Joe turned 40!
I sent this out to friends and family and we had a good number of people from both sides of the family here. We ate good food and sang some karaoke. I hope it was a good day for him.
We were finally able to take Nate to the temple for the first time to do baptisms. I loved being in the temple again after a long break during Covid and watching Joe baptize the kids.
The girls were super brave and went to YW Camp soon after moving here even though they knew no one. It was just our ward's YW camping in tents. I was really proud of them for jumping right in. The moms came to join them for a day and it was fun to be involved a little bit. They had an amazing fancy dinner including some Jewish dancing! They have some amazing leaders.
Regina and I drove down to SLC, along with her sister-in-law for part of it, and met Jaime at Jody Moore's VIP event. It was a great event and good to get lots of talking time with them. 
I got to meet Christine Cook in person, who works for her, and who coached me privately when I first found out I was pregnant with Eve which really helped me at the time to get some clarity. 
Speaking of Eve, here are some more cute pictures:
She loves her daddy:
Miranda and her family came into town for a mini-Atkinder gathering and she made an amazing meal of shrimp and grits that I didn't want to forget:
It was SO good.
We had a scary night when the girls were coming home from swim practice and Elizabeth turned left onto Pole Line when she shouldn't have and caused a pretty bad accident. Thankfully, no one was hurt and the driver of the other car was SO kind. She was in town helping her daughter and her grandkids while their dad/husband is treated for cancer. She certainly did not need that but she was so kind and forgiving and just was concerned about Lizzie and making sure she was OK. It meant so much to me as her mom. 
The ironic thing was that we had just bought that car for Lizzie a few days before. It was old and declared totaled. We ended up buying a truck instead and let Lizzie drive the Honda. It's been a good decision since we've needed it to haul a lot of things.
We'll finish with this picture of Natalie posing as an Instagram influencer. :)

No comments: