Tuesday, September 20, 2022

October

On to October...I took this picture of Joe and Eve playing soccer in the backyard while I was doing dishes one day:
Nate had his very first season of football. It was rough since he started a little bit late and then missed a bunch because he got Covid. He didn't get a lot of playing time but I think it was good for him and he enjoyed it overall. His team was pretty good and won a lot of games. I took this picture after a game:
I finally took Eli in for an eye test after I noticed that he seemed to be having some trouble seeing. He'd been talking about it for awhile but he also wanted glasses so I wasn't sure if he needed it. It was definitely overdue and he got a pretty strong prescription. One eye is much weaker so he was told to wear an eye patch for short stints of time to try and strengthen the weak eye. He was excited to get glasses, luckily, and I took this montage of pictures of him posing: :)
Eve learned how to move a diaper box over to her crib and climb in:
She still loves books:
Posing for cute pictures:
And gives great hugs:
I got to get away for a few days for an Allen girls trip to visit my Mom for her 70th birthday. We missed having Melissa with us but it was a really nice few days away. Since we knew my Mom couldn't handle too much of all of us we went to Seascape for the weekend. Check out these amazing snacks:
We got some good long walks in on the beach:
I got to swim a little bit too:
More good food:
I sure love those ladies. They are such good examples and supports to me.
I got these pictures sent to me while I was gone with Eve wearing a big sweatshirt. :)
I'm so thankful for people to help hold down the fort and take care of Eve while I'm gone.
We loved going back to Stockton and having some good time with my Mom:
She has such a way of making me feel amazing every time I talk to her and I'm so thankful for her.
The best Mom:
The girls had a great swim season, including racing each other at districts in a heat of 100m breaststroke. Lizzie got second in the heat and Natalie was less than half a second behind her. I tried to take a picture of the scoreboard:
They both improved a lot and had a great season. 
We all loved soaking up Fall leaves. Climbing trees:
Having some Fall photo shoots:
And going to a fun little pumpkin patch here in Jerome with family:
We got to spend some time with Mary and Andrew and their kids:
A crazy thing happened at that pumpkin patch. The wind picked up really fast and a bounce house that Eli had been bouncing in all of the sudden flew into the air. Thankfully, he fell out the door right away but he was still quite shaken up as you might imagine. The older kids ended up chasing it across a field and finally jumped on it to stop it. Craziness!
Joe went hunting one weekend with his brothers and was having a great time until he cut a chunk of his finger off while whittling. It was pretty nasty looking:
We found out later that the urgent care that handled it really tortured him in a way they shouldn't have. He'd held a bandage on it for hours coming down the mountain and they pulled that off and cleaned it all without numbing. Then they injected the lidocaine right in the wound instead of doing a nerve block at the base of his finger. He was in so much pain! It was hard to watch. It hurt for quite a while after but did heal up well.
Then came Halloween. We had a fun ward party at our neighbor's house:
This year we had Grindelwald and Katniss again, Red Riding Hood, a ninja and a dog.
She was so excited about her costume.
On the actual day of Halloween, Nate and Lizzie went with the boys to a BYU game.
Meeting Cosmo:
We caught them on the postgame show:
Eli, Eve and I went to Chris and Regina's trunk or treat and Eve figured out the concept of getting candy. :)
She loved it. 
We did get to carve a couple of pumpkins:
It was a pretty quiet but fun Halloween.
I'll finish this post with another gorgeous sunrise post:

No comments: