Saturday, September 2, 2023

November

Now for the November recap. We had a fun time one time coming up with funny haikus. Lizzie couldn't do funny and did really poetic ones. Eli wrote this one that of course I had to save:

Natalie got bangs! So beautiful:
One day I told my kids I'd give them $50 if they memorized the poem "Good Timber". They actually all did it and pretty quickly, too. I wasn't banking on them learning it that fast :).
I love that poem.
We got our first snow!
Eve loved putting on her very own toy backpack and I thought it was adorable:
Eve and I went to vote! She won over everyone around us:
The older cousins went on a college tour trip all by themselves. Their album cover:
Sleeping at Jon and Jaime's:
Love those kids.
I got Eve this Bluey set at Walmart and she wore it out on an errand one day and posed so perfectly I had to get some pictures:
Lizzie and Natalie had their drama competition. They did this humorous duo piece together that was legitimately hilarious. They wrote it themselves and it was about an elderly criminal and the officer who put her away who is the only one who believes she's still dangerous. Natalie's southern accent was so perfect and their physical comedy was amazing. I got to go watch them perform and they did amazing. They should have made it to the next round but sadly they were the alternate. Lizzie sang a medley of songs from Into the Woods as the baker's wife with Chase and they got first place at districts! Natalie also did a pantomime piece with a friend that was really good but they didn't make it through even though they should have. The hard thing about these competitions is how subjective they are.
I wish I would have gotten a picture of Lizzie in costume.
Eve loved when they got out a parachute after storytime one day. There's something so magical about parachutes.
I babysat Jimmy and Ruby one day and we had to take the boys to the dentist. It was cute watching them play together:
We took some quick family pictures before Thanksgiving for the Christmas card:
It was a great Thanksgiving. We had all of Joe's brothers except Jon here along with Marsha. It was my best turkey yet! 
Once Thanksgiving was over it was time to start playing Christmas music:
I think Eve took that picture and I love it.
Eve started to love packing up her little suitcase and pretending to go on trips:
We got more snow! I loved watching Nate play with Eve:
One of our favorite ways to make a day at home more fun is to build a blanket fort and have a picnic lunch:
She also took these pictures of us playing:
Poor Eve got really sick at the end of the month. It's so sad to see her so sick:

No comments: