Friday, September 1, 2023

October

October was a fun month. It started off with Conference. This was our breakfast spread between sessions on Sunday:

Lizzie got her senior pictures done. She and James did a combined session. She wasn't thrilled with them but I thought some of them turned out really cute. These were my favorites:

Joe and I got to get away for a weekend down to SLC. We stayed at the Grand America hotel and went to a Faith Matters conference. We got to hear a lot of our favorite LDS writers speak and had fun eating good food together. We also got to meet up with Matt, Brad & Kelli for dinner one night. Unfortunately Melissa was in Europe:

Eve and I had fun hanging out together. She loves playing with play dough and I remembered the old trick of blowing out circles from the roller to make little cakes. She loves doing that now. :)

I love finding pictures like these on my phone:

She and I also had a blast going to the little free pumpkin patch in Twin:

Becca and her kids met us there:

We got lunch from the food trucks there. It was so fun and festive! I love pumpkin patches.

We also went to our ward's Halloween carnival at our friends' the Doughty's house. That was a blast too. Eve especially loved the cupcakes:

Nate dressed up like Dwight and was even in a little skit that the youth put on:

Natalie was busy putting on a play at the high school. They actually worked with Canyon Ridge to write and put it on in only a couple of months. It was called NME. Natalie ended up doing a ton of the writing and editing (otherwise it would have been hours long--no one wanted their parts cut). It was really fun to watch them put it all together and it turned out pretty spooky. It was the perfect Halloween play.

I caught this picture of Eli dancing with Eve:

I thought this was sweet--Eve found a doll at the library and was snuggling with it:

We got to go to the big pumpkin patch with Regina and her kids and then Becca and her kids met us there. It was so much fun! We especially loved watching the older kids pretend like they were young again.

We did a race on the inflatable pillow that was so funny to watch:

They had these fun round tubes you could roll, too:

Natalie got these pictures one Sunday on the way to church:

I can't remember why Eli and I weren't there

We took Nate on his birthday lunch one day to Outback and he and Eve loved playing in the rain while we waited for it to open.

Eli had his last soccer tournament in Boise so he and I drove out for it. It was a cold morning but it was fun to watch him play. He made some great plays!

We had fun carving pumpkins together. Unfortunately, I didn't realize one of the pictures was blurry:

Eve and I got to go to his school to watch his grade do a Thriller dance:

We had a fun Halloween. The girls were off doing their own thing so the younger kids and I joined Chris and Regina's ward trunk or treat and then went trick or treating with them our Tom and Shari's neighborhood. It was fun to watch Eve get the hang of it. Here are the kids' costumes:


No comments: