Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Festivities

We had a nice Valentine's Day around here. One day last week, our little moms group had a party for the kids. They read some stories, decorated cookies and passed out valentines to each other. It was messy but fun. Here's some pictures (many are courtesy of my friend Lindsay):

Reading some Valentine's Day stories (I love Natalie smiling at the camera)

Decorating

Another view of the table

Hard at work.

Natalie just mostly dumped out sprinkles and ate them plain. Yum!

Enjoying the fruits of her labors

Natalie has mastered the art of fake smiling, as is evident in the next two pictures:

This is an expression I've never really seen on Lizzie but I think it's cute.

Our actual Valentine's Day was pretty uneventful since we were babysitting our friends' cute little boy Carden for most of the day. He was easy and fun to have around. We did manage to make some yummy sugar cookies that day. Joe surprised the girls with a rose for each of them. They loved it! The roses are in water on our kitchen table. I think their days are numbered due to constant interest and attention from two curious little girls.

After the the girls were in bed that night, Joe told me he was going to go study and then surprised me with a bowl of my favorite kind of popcorn, two glasses of Martinelli's and An Affair to Remember to watch. I had been trying to get him to watch it with me for awhile and he finally consented for Valentine's Day. It was wonderful! I love surprises like that.

I think we will get a night out this week sometime. I love Valentine's Day. It is so much more fun with kids, too.

3 comments:

The Good Life said...

I love Natalie's smile fake and all! What beautiful girls you have. Glad to hear you got to spend time with your hubby.

Jordan and Luci said...

I totally agree. All holidays are better with kids. Libbi loved taking little valentines to her friends and cousins. At first she didn't want to share, but then every time we saw a kid on the side of the road or at the store, she asked if we were going to take them cookies.

Marin said...

Those pictures are so cute of your girls!! They looked like they had so much fun at the Valentine Party! I wish Carden and I could have gone :(
Thanks again for watching Carden! I really hope it was easy and that he wasn't too difficult. I'm excited to come over tomorrow and play with your girls while you and Joe get out! What a fun surprise on Valentine's day!! I love surprises!