Saturday, February 21, 2009

Daddy's Girls, etc.


I have two of the biggest Daddy's girls in the world. This has been especially true lately. Anytime Joe is gone a lot, they become that much more clingy to him when he is home. I thought maybe I had a chance with Natalie to be a Momma's girl but nope, she has followed in the footsteps of her older sister. Don't get me wrong, they want me sometimes. But, it's hard to compete with such a fun Daddy. It's always "I want to lay with Daddy!", "I want Daddy to get me my milk!", or "I want Daddy to read me the story!"

The other day, we were at the park and Elizabeth had picked a LOT of flowers (weeds) that of course we had to bring home with us. As we were walking home she tells me that I can have the teeny-tiniest flower, but the rest are for Daddy.

I really wouldn't have it any other way, though. I love to watch them run at Joe when he comes in the door.

I wanted to write down some more cute things they have been saying, too.

The other night for bedtime, Elizabeth wanted to tell stories instead of sing songs. I have to preface this by saying that Elizabeth's stories are often kind of morbid and usually involve someone dying. She proceeded to tell Joe a story about 5 princesses who were sisters. They married five princes and then one of them had a baby named Elizabeth. The baby was healthy and chubby and all of the sisters helped take care of her. Joe was praising Elizabeth for telling such a nice story when she added, "And then they all died." We were both laughing hard at that one.

While Elizabeth was beginning her story, Natalie told me one that went like this: "A princess was kind and healthy and...sprinkles". I'm not sure about the plot significance of the sprinkles but I thought it was cute.

Also, here's some more cute sayings:
-Natalie calls napkins "atkins", as in "I wanna atkin".
-Elizabeth and Natalie will ask each other, "Want to jiggle?" This means dance together. There was a Sesame Street episode in which Elmo was dancing a jig and somehow that turned into jiggle. If you've seen them dance, you know how appropriate it is. :)

Lastly, the other day, the girls had their friend Lucy over to play and had such a fun time dressing up like princesses and pretending to go to balls.

Here are the three of them:

What girly-girls I have.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Girly-Girls? What's that like! Ha, just kidding once upon a time my girls liked that too.... I can relate to the Daddy's girl thing as well!

Jackie said...

My girl is a Daddy's girl big time too! I went in her room to help her about 4 am this morning and she yelled at me, "I don't like you! I want Daddy." Later on she reassured me that, "Dallin likes you, but I like Daddy." Can't she like 2 people at once?

Danny and Laura said...

I have Daddy's girls too. Ashley clung to me for a long time, but in the past few months every time Danny comes home, she drops everything and crawls right to him saying "Dada" the whole time. If he takes too long to get her, she starts crying. And the flowers reminded me of something Alyssa did yesterday. She wanted some Sees Candy after eating her lunch yesterday and the little paper cup that she grabbed had three candies in it. So she gave one to herself, one to Danny, and the third dropped on the floor. She said "That one is for Mommy." Like you, it doesn't bother me because their daddy is a lot more fun than I am.

Jordan and Luci said...

I totally understand the daddy's girl thing. I like it, especially when in the middle of the night or in the morning she wants "daddy to get her cereal" or wants "daddy to lay on my lap" etc., etc. Anyways, your girls are adorable. Are you ready for # 3?

Scott O said...

Hooray for Daddy's girls. It makes me miss when Kennedy was that age! Don't worry Ashley, you'll have your time too. Kennedy used to totally be a daddy's girl, but now that Kennedy is becoming a preteen she is starting to think Mom is really cool, and Dad is a big dork! :)