Thursday, March 4, 2010

Helping

Nathaniel is sick now. Poor guy. He is coughing and very stuffy. He hasn't had a fever or anything, luckily, but he still looks miserable and is fussy a lot of the time. He has been up multiple times a night, too. After a week of getting up with the girls when they were coughing and feverish and now this, I've been so tired. I think I just got spoiled once Nate started sleeping through the night. I was doing this not long ago but now it seems so hard to get out of bed. Anyway, things could be worse. We're all relatively healthy and that's a big blessing.

The girls were actually pretty helpful yesterday. After a huge tantrum-fest in the morning when I made Elizabeth fold all of the blankets she pulled out of the linen closet, things turned around for the better. I try to have the girls clean up their toys and stuff before dinner every day. A lot of times Natalie sits around not doing much and Elizabeth does it all. This time Elizabeth was whining about it and Natalie offered to clean everything up. And she did! It was good to see that she can actually clean up when she wants to.

I was trying to finish up dinner and Nate was fussy so I put him in his high chair until I could feed him. He was still fussy and I was still busy so I thought I'd let Elizabeth have a shot at feeding him. It was so cute to watch her. Of course it was messy and he didn't eat so well. I don't know if that was because she wasn't quite putting it in his mouth far enough and he was getting frustrated or if he just wasn't hungry. Still, it made for a great photo-op:

Yummy green beans

P.S. I just ordered our very first blog book. It covers Sept. 07 - Dec. 08. I did it through Cutest Blog on the Block. I liked that they finally had it set up so you can delete certain posts from your blog from the book (like videos, etc.) and you can keep your captions with your pictures instead of getting all jumbled up. I'll let you know if I like the book when it comes. Does anyone have any other tips/recommendations on turning your blog into a book?

8 comments:

Mitzi said...

I want to do something similar, but I'll probably just cut and paste into a Shutterfly book. I want complete control! LOL!

Steph said...

That picture is so cute!! I love the looks on their faces. Too cute!

Jaime said...

I've been wanting to do that too. How much was it at cutestblog? I've heard people do it at blurb.com but i haven't seen them. I hope Nate feels better soon. Todd's been snotty for a month now. It stinks.

Tiffany Kadani said...

Try blurb. You have to download a program but Chris did and liked it. Let us know if you want more info.

Ashley A. said...

Tiffany, I downloaded the Blurb software awhile back but I didn't like it, at least for a blog like mine. The layouts they had didn't work for posts that have only a little writing and a lot of pictures, which a lot of mine are like. Maybe they've improved it now.

Jaime, The one I ordered was $76. I can't remember how many pages it was but like I said it was almost a year and a half and I blog pretty regularly.

Molly said...

Ashley, my mom emailed me to look at your blog because she said you had some ideas about blog books..that being said, I ended up sitting here for quite some time looking at so many of your posts!!! I couldn't help it, because not only do you have one cute family, but we've both got two girls and then a boy with such close ages...and seriously, your Elizabeth sounds SO much like my oldest, Jessica (who will be 5 in a few months) that I couldn't get over it...anyway very fun to see how you and your family are doing..you seem like one wonderful mommy!! After stalking your blog, I feel like I should least let you know if you felt like it you can look at mine ;) it is private though so you'd have to give me your email! take care!

Ashley A. said...

I don't know if you'll check this or not, Molly, but I would love to read your blog! My e-mail is ashleyaatkin@gmail.com. We do have a lot in common, now, especially since we got married the same day, too! :) The pictures of your kids on facebook are so cute. They are beautiful!

Debbie said...

I made my blog into a book on blurb.com too. It slurps your blog. It took some time to arrange my pages the way I liked, but the final product is FANTASTIC! You can choose to order hard covered or soft covered books. you can choose a picture based page to work with or a text based page. I think the total for my soft-bound book came to $38.