Monday, March 15, 2010

Thumbs

Our kids love their thumbs. This one has really been enjoying his lately:

(I can never resist the thumb-in-mouth smile. It's too cute.)

Elizabeth sucked her thumb:
I think that was when she was about 6-7 months. Look at those thighs! It's still amazing to me how fast she chunked up. Luckily, she spontaneously quit sucking her thumb on her own when she was about 9 months.

Natalie still sucks her thumb:
That was taken a few days ago when she fell asleep during her quiet time. She really only sucks her thumb when she's is going to sleep or when she has her blanket with her watching a movie or something. I haven't been too worried about it yet. Maybe that will change if it starts messing up her teeth. It's funny though because she will occasionally decide that she's going to stop so her thumb can get better (she has a callous on it). It's too tempting for her, though, and she never lasts long.

It really has made for some great sleepers, though. You gotta love that.

Nate turned 6 months old yesterday:
He is 17 lb which I guess is only 25th for weight and his height was even lower but...(shock of all shockers) his head is huge--90th percentile. They measured it twice to make sure it was really that big. :)

He is happy and growing and doing great!

4 comments:

Tiffany Kadani said...

So cute! I love seeing babies suck their thumbs. They look so content. Nathaniel is too cute, and I love that he has a biggish head.

Lisa said...

I LOVE that Isaac is a thumb sucker. It totally doesn't even bother me that he is 4 1/2 and still does it. His teeth are a bit jacked but so where Em's and Abbys and then didn't suck their fingers/thumbs. Ortho is in all of my kids futures so I say who cares!! Isaac does put a band-aid on his thumb (of his own doing) when he goes to preschool to remind himself not to suck it!

I can't believe Nate is 6 months! Time sure flies!

Stephanie said...

Love it. I always love reading your updates.

Jackie said...

Nate is soooooooooo cute! I love that last picture! I sucked my thumb until I was old (too old to admit) and my teeth are fine.