Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Boy is 15 Months

Time is going too fast. I can't believe that Nate is 15 months. I just wanted to catch up a little bit on this busy little boy...

I feel like I am just now starting to understand what it's like to have a baby that is "into everything". I thought I understood before. I remember the girls both getting into things. Playing with all the tupperware, pots and pans, and what not. But that was nothing compared to this kid. He just does not stop getting into things. And he doesn't stop at harmless tupperware; he pulls out large appliances like the crockpot and the rice cooker. He empties drawers. He digs into the trash. He can open almost anything. He already knows how to open ziploc bags (Natalie still asks me to open them for her!), pull the lids off of the plastic toy bins, and click open shampoo bottles. I won't be surprised if he's taking off screw-top lids soon. I finally put a baby lock on the cupboard below the sink and he was SO mad about it. I must admit I was feeling very triumphant watching him. He was pulling so hard. He'll probably break that off soon enough. He also enjoys playing in the toilet and unrolling the toilet paper whenever he gets a chance.

Here he is emptying the girls' drawers:

It's a good thing he's so cute and happy. He just learned how to spin around the other night and has been doing it all the time. It is so cute. He loves it when I lay on the ground and he can come sit on my stomach or on my head and bounce up and down. He loves to dance. It's very flashdance(or Chris Farley)-esque so you can't help but sing "I'm a Maniac" when he's doing it.

He's starting to throw some pretty good tantrums. Like tonight when I gave him a graham cracker and had the gall to break it into pieces and not give it to him whole. He throws food all the time still but now he understands how to clean up and it's so cute to watch him pick things up.
This boy makes me happy.

Look at those enormous lips! I love them!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I totally remember Isaac being like that too. We called him Hurricane Isaac because he could tear apart a room in a few minutes! What a cutie Nate is!

Mr. and Mrs. Hillarious said...

Wow 15 months? Crazy! Love it when they decide they want "whole" things instead of pieces.