Wednesday, December 22, 2010

'Tis the Season

We've had a pretty busy December. I can't believe Christmas Eve is tomorrow! Where did the month go?

First off, the girls got to be in a Nativity play. They were both "wise women" and did a great job. They were mostly excited about the costumes they got to wear.

Here they are after the dress rehearsal:
With friends who were Mary and the other wise woman
The set was pretty awesome
Waving to Mom
Here's a video clip (they don't come in until the end):


Elizabeth also had her kindergarten Christmas program. Unfortunately Joe had a final that night so he didn't get to go. I did my best to get video of everything but it was not easy with a baby in one arm and so many parents/grandparents packed into the auditorium. I had to stand up only halfway so I could get video of her without blocking the people behind me. And of course she was on the opposite side as me.

Here's a picture before the performance...And here she is singing "Must Be Santa"... (try to find her!)


Joe and I also took the girls to the Nutcracker last weekend. It was Natalie's first time (she has been patiently waiting for two years since Elizabeth got to go and she didn't). They loved it! They were asking tons of questions and we did our best to be patient about that. I think they knew the story and the songs too well because they kept asking when certain things were going to happen.

Here they are before the show....

I love Natalie all folded up in the seat.
And yes we were second row from the top!

The theater

I meant to get one of the four of us but it didn't happen. Elizabeth's favorite part was the Waltz of the Flowers and Natalie's was the Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy (those were their favorite songs before, too). They also liked when the nutcracker changed into a real person. Magic!

1 comment:

MK McClintock said...

Seeing these pictures reminded me of a Christmas 'pageant' that Joseph and his brothers took part in back during high school (it was for our ward) - they sang and did a wonderful job...you'll have to ask Joseph if he ever got a copy. :)